Nuffnang

Wednesday 21 May 2014

First Bag of Blood..... Cleared.

Hello my fellow jaw patients/earthlings.

I just spent my whole morning in Singapore General Hospital. To summarize, needles, needles and more needles. T_T

On my right arm: I've drawn 2 small tubes of blood for some testing which I am unsure of what they wna test. After which, I went for a Chest Xray. I couldn't figure the link between chest and jaw surgery though, oh well. Just do it.
On my Left arm: Local Anastasia, 4 tubes of blood for some testing as well and a bag of blood.

Xray Gown: Makes me look like a maternity lady
 I then went to donate blood for myself in case anything bad crops up during surgery. *touch wood* I had a local anesthesia before the nurses went on with a huge ass needle. Yes, I am afraid of needles, can you imagine I am actually going under a knife in about 2 weeks. Oh my god.

*Ouch* 'em needles..... T_T
My blood was pretty thick due to the fact that I haven't been drinking enough water. So the nurses had to move the needles around to find the perfect "position" so the blood could flow out at a much faster pace. Not much pain, but just a little discomfort as I could feel the needle in me when she was pushing it up/down/left/right to find the perfect spot.

Opposite my bed was another jaw patient. I was so happy to see her, her surgery is next Wednesday. Exactly a week before mine. I wanted to exchange contact details so we could be recovery buddies but I couldn't move much. Oh well. If anyone of you out there is having your surgery soon, do contact me ok! I'd love to know you.

The nurses there were really nice and funny. They gave me several mini-heart attacks. Omgee. So the Nurse who was attending to me, let's call her Nurse A was shouting, ok not shouting but talking loudly across the room to Nurse B and said something like "Where is the vein that you examined, I couldn't find it". Ok mini heart attack here. The needle is huge, if anything goes wrong, I'll be in great pain. I told Nurse A "Are you sure you can't find it? Should you tightened the strap so you can find it?" "haha I'm just joking around with Nurse B, don't worry" said Nurse A. Hahahah, I heaved a sigh of relieve. I wouldn't want her to "trail and error" her way as I've tried it which a much smaller needle and I can say it's no fun. At all.

After she managed to find my vein, she then said to Nurse C, the one attending to the jaw patient opposite my bed, "I can finish everything faster than you". My eyes literally went from o.o to O.O and I immediately told her there's no hurry in this and she could take her time. "I was just joking around, talking rubbish. Don't panic" says Nurse A.  hahahaha. I'm really timid I know but I don't want unnecessary pain y'know?


My bag of blood: sorry I had to blur most of the information. Nurse B said it's all confidential. I don't wna risk. 
After Nurse A removed the needles and cleaned me up she asked when I would I like to come back for the other bag of blood. My jaw literally dropped. All along I thought I was going to do this only once but it seems like I'm going back next week to repeat the whole process. Minus the Xray. *frowns*

How I feel after everything is over. Left & Right arm poked.
On a side note, my left arm feels swollen and I can feel a slight pain/numb. It almost feels like a muscle ache after you've exercised. However, it's 100% bearable. Just hope it'll heal in time for round 2 on next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)