Nuffnang

Friday 16 May 2014

Surgical Hooks On!

Last visit to my dentist before my surgery. Read so much about surgical hooks and I finally got them on today.

Surgical Hooks
I'm not too sure whether it is visible in the photo I provide above, but they are basically like the hooks that one would already have on their braces' brackets. I'm not very good in words so I've attached a video down below for better understanding.


My O-rings/elastic tie/elastic ligatures (whatever you call it) are now replaced with a steel ligatures. The whole process was painless but there was a slight discomfort when my dentist tried to tug the ligatures behind my archwire. According to my dentist, by replacing these steel ligatures, the surgeon could shut my jaws together during the operation. 

Before I left the clinic, nurses and doctors were wishing me good luck for the surgery and it kinda sank into me a little that my surgery is only 19 days away. holy. shit. 

5 comments:

  1. Hello C, can I Pm you for orthognathic jaw surgery question.
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure no problem! I'd be more than happy to offer you some advice! :)

      You could type in your message at the chat box on the right, don't worry it will not be published. I'll reply your email as soon as I receive them.

      Have a great day ahead!

      Delete
  2. Pederson Speculum [url=https://www.fizzasurgical.com/pederson-speculum/]Pederson Speculum[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks Pederson Speculum

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good surgical technician tries to anticipate the doctor's need for another instrument and has it ready before the surgeon has to ask for it. national exam for surgical tech certification

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)