Nuffnang

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 0: Living Hell


After much rest, I am finally back to updating this space again.

A little disclaimer: this post was written on 10/6/14. I will try as much as possible to recall whatever that has happened. 

I remembered on the day of the surgery, my family came early in the morning. I guess around 6am+ I didn't really have much sleep that night. I used a lot of social media, cried a lot and also tried to sleep with all the moaning and shouting from other patients.... -_____-

So after nurses called me around 0640, I changed into my operation robe, brushed my teeth for the final time and went on to my bed to rest while waiting for the nurse to bring me over to the operating theater. You guessed it, there was a lot of sobbing on my way there and in the OT itself.

I was placed in this induction room alone whereby my friendly anesthetist inserted an IV tube in me. They were really cautious, I think there were around 6 person that asked me the exact following questions: "When was the last time you last ate and drank?" "Did you take any meds/drink anything this morning?" "Any drug allergies?" "Do you know why are you here for?"

Hmm.. So fast forward, the whole operating theater was not what I thought it would be. I guess I watched too many Hong Kong dramas.... hehehe. Anyway, there were a lot of doctors/nurses, if I am not wrong there were at least 10 people in the OT itself. I was then move to the operating table(?), IT WAS REALLY COLD. I only had a really thin piece of cloth over me. I remembered before I was knocked out, both my anesthetist was bickering with each other over which nostril should they insert the windpipe in and 2 of my surgeons were at this corner using their iPad and Phone....

The next thing I knew? A nurse woke me up asking whether I had red marks all over my chest area before the surgery. I was still sedated by the general anesthesia so I shook my head a little and was knocked out once again.

I was pushed out to a High Dependency Ward after my surgery. This is where all the nightmare begins. Holy crap, I would never want to experience this once again in my life. I woke up in tears, numbed all over my face and also blood all over my mouth. The thought of it now makes me sooooo sick, I had to constantly suck out the blood/saliva from my mouth with a suction tube that was provided, because I couldn't really swallow.

And guess what...... I puked blood SO MANY TIMES I LOST COUNT, I believe it was at least 10 times. Imagine having to puke with your mouth shut together with so many rubber bands after your jaw surgery..... *faints*

My "last" puke was a freaking combo of 4. I almost died. Literally. I puked all over me, my hair and the thing is, I feel so bad the nurses on duty that night had to clean me up so many times. I recalled crying and apologizing to them but they told me not to worry it's normal. This is insane.

I was counting down the whole night, I couldn't sleep properly at all. There were just too many tubes all over me and the bloody irritating blood pressure thingy automatically takes my blood pressure every hour. It's so frigging tight that it woke me up every time I try to fall asleep...

Overall:
Everything gets better after the first night. There was a lot of pain, numbness and you'll feel extremely uncomfortable because you wouldn't be able to express what you wna say.... You'll also not be able to breathe properly even with the oxygen tube because there are just way too much mucous and phlegm in your nose/throat. Choking on your saliva also seemed inevitable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment/ask anything. I'll be more than happy to answer them. :)